@ Andrew Kirk

An 'unconscious' stream of thoughts, ideas and comments - not too serious!! Music and sport are my main passions so they feature heavily.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

My come to Jesus experience

sneeze, fog, blog, rss, podcast, moblogging... words that I had never heard of a couple of months ago now feel like an old pair of jeans. Comfy to wear and proud to wear out! I met a few disciples of my new religion this morning at H&K Breakfast Bytes. I was lucky enough to be on a panel with some "leading weblog experts" Mark Jones, Deputy Managing Director, IDG Communications (and thanks to Mark for getting me to start this blog) Frank Arrigo, Group Manager, Microsoft Australia, Mick Stanic, proprietor of Principius, the mind behind Splatt. These guys are the pioneers here in Australia and know all that there is to know. It was the first time this type of event of was held and more than 70 people took part in the discussion. They came from all types of organisations and walks of life all keen to discuss and understand the latest evolution in communication. We could have talked for hours and many a conversation continued over coffee (Mick has a mate who can tell you where to find the best coffee in the world, while Frank can point you to a tailor on Saville row) and the conversations are sure to keep on keeping on.
I work for H&K and two of my colleagues have been pushing for well over six months to do something like we did today and I reckon their foresight has been spot-on with all media coverage in recent times and general murmurings about blogs.

So this is my first confessional, which I expect to do everyday now, if I can. From the church service this morning I loved the hymns, the singing and the sermon and now have been converted.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:25 pm, Blogger pascoe said…

    Welcome to the fold Andy :-)

    Hopefully you've been a reader of blogs before now at least? If not, prepare to engaged (albeit perhaps slowly) in a whole bunch of little, smart, topical conversations ...

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger frankarr said…

    allelulia

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Blogger Kevin Leversee at gmail.com said…

    I like the come 2 Jesus title, and the even was brilliant, good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home